COMPUTING, CURRICULUM AND CAREERS EVENT
On Friday 11th November 12pm until 4pm, The Sharp Project is hosting an innovative and inspiring Computing, Curriculum and Careers event for secondary school leaders, computer science teachers and career education agencies to inspire, inform and create new approaches to tackling the computing curriculum and encouraging more creative digital careers.
The Sharp Project, based in Newton Heath, is home to over 60 different creative digital businesses and whilst this sector is one of the fastest growing in the UK, last year employers in Manchester had to turn away over 56% of work offered to them as they didn’t have the staff to carry it out. (Manchester Digital Stats). Our event will address this issue by giving secondary schools in Manchester the knowledge and skills to future proof their students for successful careers, through a variety of different activities including;
- Talks by keynote speakers including Mike Blackburn OBE (BT), Alison Vincent (Cisco) and Christine Bellamy (BBC).
- Interactive creative digital sessions with practical takeaways for the classroom including breakout workshops and surgeries from;
- Hive Manchester
- Manchester Communication Academy
- The White Room
- Networking with businesses and other educators over lunch in The Sharp Project Campus
- Opportunity to develop staff CPD and sign up to further creative digital and computing support networks in Manchester.
Please note, tickets cost just £50+vat per person with a discounted price for Manchester Schools, Colleges and Universities at £30+vat per person, including lunch in The Campus, To book your ticket, please email
firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and school. Your school will then be invoiced on confirmation of your booking.