Gameopolis First Birthday supported by Playground Squad
On September 28th we are hosting Gameopolis‘ first birthday in The Campus.
The event is sponsored by Playground Squad, who are based at The Sharp Project.
Please see below for more details:
Gameopolis is the network to promote & link the Greater Manchester video games industry
Who should attend?
Anyone with an interest in the video games industry, Greater Manchester and the North West.
Keynote Speaker: Agostino Simonetta
Ago has worked in the games industry for over 16 years at companies including THQ, Sega, and Playstation. Now the ID@Xbox Regional Lead – EMEA, he will be talking to us about how we can work with Xbox.
INTRODUCTION (10 mins)
Short introduction by Simon Smith Gameopolis news and announcements.
Keynote (approx 30 mins + Q&A)
Keynote by Agostino Simonetta, ID@Xbox Regional Lead – EMEA.
Local Developer Talk (TBC)
A local developer will talk about their upcoming new game(s)
We will also have multiple demo games from local developers including:
Ginger Biscuit Games
Alex Rose Games
and more TBA…
- Gameopolis is the new network to promote and link the Greater Manchester video games industry.
- We operate approximately from Macclesfield in the south to Blackpool in the north, with Manchester at the centre.
- Our mission statement is simple – “Make Greater Manchester the centre of the UK video games industry”.
- We have a Gameopolis event every quarter with relevant speakers. We will also help coordinate events from other organisations such as Creative England, TIGA, MIDAS, Greater Manchester Councils etc.
- Our website will feature profiles of local development companies and publishers, and service companies such as venues, technology, 3D rendering, audio, etc. We will also feature job vacancies and information on the area.
- We act as a focal point for the games industry in the area and also the standard bearer to represent GMCR for inward investment and encouraging people to set up new studios here.
- Why “Gameopolis”? In the 19th century Manchester was nicknamed “Cottonopolis” as the centre of the cotton industry. In the 21st century we will make Manchester the city of video games, hence “Gameopolis”.
HOW TO FIND THE SHARP PROJECT
The Sharp Project is home to over 60 digital entrepreneurs and production companies specialising in digital content production, digital media and TV and film production. It’s based in a 200,000 sq ft refurbished warehouse previously occupied by electronics company Sharp, It offers flexible office, production and event space at affordable prices.
Multiple video game companies are based at The Sharp Project, including Fabrik Games, Sigtrap Games, and Boomdash.
Click here to see more
The Sharp Project is situated next to Central Park tram station, just a 10 minute tram ride from Manchester city centre or there is plenty of parking on site.
- The Sharp Project – Thorp Rd, Manchester, M40 5BJ
The event is free to attend but you must pre-register. Please click here to book your place now!