Sparklab Productions ‘Podcast Camp’ II
After the successful first camp in February, Sparklab Productions are hosting their second 1 day ‘Podcast Camp’ for talented audio storytellers who want to help put Manchester on the map for podcasting.
WHO’S IT FOR?
Talented audio storytellers who want to collaborate with Sparklab and help us put Manchester on the podcasting map.
The Podcast Camp takes place between 10am – 5pm on Saturday 24 March 2018 at The Sharp Project.
WHAT’S GOING ON?
Over the two days we will:
- Discuss favourite podcasts;
- Learn from guest speakers, including an experienced audio doc maker, an award-winning sound-designer and an audio-entrepreneur and podcaster;
- Explore different approaches to story-telling and interview techniques;
- Share recording and editing methods;
- Practice interviewing and editing;
- Pitch podcast series ideas,
- Make connections with other audio makers– in a spirit of collaboration.
WHAT DO I BRING?
Some basic experience of recording and editing and lots of good story ideas. You’ll need your laptop, favourite audio editing software (or download Reaper for free), and something to record with (could be your phone) and we’ll get started straight away.
HOW DO I BOOK?
To book your place, please click here.
WHY IS THIS HAPPENING?
Sparklab are an audio production company who create audio stories and content for companies, charities, the arts sector and all the BBC audio networks. We design, write and create long and short form packages for corporate and public sector clients. We make features, documentaries and drama and podcasts – and we win awards too. We work with world-class journalists, presenters, writers and actors.
We’re looking for audio makers with great story ideas who can attract a big subscriber base and sponsorship. We want to grow our family of producers and see Podcast Camp as the start of a journey that leads to paid work opportunities on podcast projects.
HERE ARE A FEW USEFUL DETAILS:
- How to get here
- There is carparking on site
- Sharp Project Security will ask for your name at the barrier;
- Come ready to share a list of your favourite podcasts with everyone
- Come ready to share ideas of podcasts you’d like to make
- Bring your laptop with a free 60-day trial of Reaper editing software downloaded and have a go at using it before you come if you can
- OR bring your laptop with your own editing software
- Bring a set of headphones
- Bring your own lunch…. and herbal teabags if you don’t want caffeine
- Find time to listen to at least some of the following: The house of mourning, State v Johnson, A girl of Ivory, A beautiful day in the projects and The butterfly effect.
Please contact Mel Harris using the below with any questions:
Tel: 07813 989933