The Business of Storytelling – Creative England
Join Creative England on Thursday 17th May, for an interactive workshop for growing companies that create narrative content. The event will be a chance to hear how technology, viewing habits and new business models are changing the industry.
Discuss, debate and learn from other successful firms and meet people that can help you grow your business.
Mentors will be available to talk to throughout the day.
- 10.00 – Registration and Coffee
- 10.30 – Welcome – Haley Edwards, Creative England
- 10.40 – Objectives and Intros – Dan Licari
- 11.00 – The changing landscape of platforms, finance and business models – Hear from Nick Horrocks (GP Bullhound), Paul Gillooly (MTG), Simon Kay (At New Media), Anthony Rose (Seed Legals)
- 12.00 – The Future of Storytelling – Panel discussion with the morning’s speakers
- 13.00 – Networking lunch
- 14.00 – Case Studies – Jo Lewis (Feature Games), John Keefe (Draw and Code) and Nikki Parrott & Natasha Dack (Tigerlily Productions) speak on collaboration, creative process and audience development and how important external advice can be to growth
- 14.30 – Business challenges facing storytellers – Panel discussion with the afternoon’s speakers
- 15.00 – Coffee Break
- 15.15– Break out groups – Group to discuss ideas and to facilitate collaboration, joined by representatives from Creative England and mentors
- 16.15– Summary & Close – Dan Licari
Please click here to register for the event.
Creative Enterprise is a nationwide programme created to provide specialised support for companies working within the moving image sector, creating a platform to support and accelerate companies through bespoke events, workshops and mentoring.