There has been a considerable investment in the infrastructure at The Sharp Project.
- The network throughout the building is distributed via a fibre backbone and is connected to the office spaces by CAT 6 cabling. If tenants require “fibre to the desktop” then this can be accommodated.
- There is a state-of-the-art IP-based access control and CCTV system in place providing 24×7 security coverage.
- All offices have a comfort cooling system which provides a more cost-effective and energy-efficient alternative to air conditioning.
- The office lighting is activated by a passive infrared system, which means that it comes on automatically when you enter the office, and is switched off after you’ve gone, saving energy.
- As part of the extensive refurbishment, all windows have been replaced with double glazed coated glass to reduce solar heat gain.
- All of the warehouse roofs have either been re-covered or replaced.
- There are four access points for optical fibre to be brought into the site, which means that we can accommodate multiple fibre providers.
- The site benefits from completely new electrical infrastructure and distribution, and from spring 2011 there will be 6 MVA of power available supplied by the new sub-station at Monsall.
- From spring 2011 the whole site will benefit from back-up power in the form of diesel generators that will automatically start up should there be a mains failure.